Wilhelm Gesenius, Brown–Driver–Briggs or BDB

Home Forum Main Forum Suggestion Box Wilhelm Gesenius, Brown–Driver–Briggs or BDB

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by David Alan Jones Ridge David Alan Jones Ridge 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

0430 ????? ‘elohiym el-o-heem’
    plural of 0433; n m p; [BDB-43a] {See TWOT on 93 @@ “93c”}
    A Hebrew and English Lexicon of the Old Testament, more commonly known as Brown–Driver–Briggs or BDB (from the name of its three authors) is a standard reference for Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic, first published in 1906. It is organized by (Hebrew) alphabetical order of three letter roots. It was based on the Hebrew-German lexicon of Wilhelm Gesenius.
    Recently I discovered that if I do the mouse over and hover over a Strong’s number in the Old Testament there is a notation for the BDB Hebrew Lexicon. This link ( https://ia802606.us.archive.org/17/items/ahebrewandengli00briggoog/ahebrewandengli00briggoog.pdf ) has a PDF file that is a facsimile of that lexicon and as you explore it you will have to develope you own method to navigate to the BDB page and column in question.
    David In Omaha.

Before all of the recent changes, I was the original author of this post. It is my intention to bring this post to a more current status.

RENEW!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.