Searching by root or lemma and Hebrew/Greek dictio

Home Forum Main Forum Support Questions Mac Operating System Searching by root or lemma and Hebrew/Greek dictio

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Dear all,

I have off and on been a user of Online Bible for years. I have purchased the latest DVD and downloaded the latest version (4.3). I have two questions:

1) Try as I might, I cannot find how to search Hebrew or Greek root or lemma (lexical) forms (using the respective Morph. Bible databases, BHvpm or BHcm; LXXM). I can easily and quickly search any word as it appears in a text, I just can’t get all inflected forms of a root or lemma (i.e., all forms of say lu? in Greek, or malak in Hebrew). This used to be possible in Online Bible. I have used the asterisk and question mark wild cards, and those help, but I cannot get all inflected forms of a root or lemma.

2) The floating dictionary shows up for English, but all I get for Greek and Hebrew Bibles in the search or passage windows is the word I am hovering over in larger font size, no definition. I updated to the latest version of OLB yesterday, and now get the word I am hovering over in the floating box; until yesterday, all I was getting was a blank box. I have most definitely checked the correct boxes in the Hebrew and Greek tabs of library/favorites.

3) When I updated, now OLB crashes fairly often when I try to search in the BH databases.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I read all the tutorials, manuals, etc., but found nothing.

Mark Shipp
    Austin Graduate School of Theology

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.