× General Topics

Topic-icon Where does my personal notes file get saved?

More
1 month 1 week ago #1465 by luvhaiti
I have created personal verse notes in Online Bible, but I need to reformat my computer. I can't find what the file name is, or where it is located, that contains my notes, so that I can back it up. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #1466 by †dajer™†
Excuse me but did you read my post "New Members and a Reminder"? If you had you would have realized, taking it for granted that you are on a Windows unit of some kind, that you need to note for us what version of Windows OS that you are using, Each version of Windows places the OLB files differently.

†dajer™†

More
1 month 6 days ago #1467 by SysAdmin
If you used the default settings for the installation the notes are saved in the folder "\documents\Bible\notes00". The best way to back up personal notes is to use the backup feature in the program. To do this go to "Tools - User Module Tools - Backup".

Look for "Notes - My Personal Notes" and select. Enter the backup location and the verse range (entire Bible).

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #1471 by luvhaiti
Thank you for your help!

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #1472 by luvhaiti
Thanks for your help. When I checked for replies a few days ago, I saw you note of the default location (the folder "\documents\Bible\notes00"), and so I did a test to verify it. I was using my laptop at the time, and it worked fine; I immediately could see the new file added on the notes00 folder.
However, most of my study, and my existing notes, are on my desktop. When I did the same test there, I don't find any changes in the notes00 folder. I purposely created a test note for Mat. 1:1, and then looked in notes00 folder, but don't find any new file. So I also tried doing a search on my computer for a file named v00000, which is what my laptop named the new notes file. The search comes up with nothing, although the test note is still there when I open OLB and check it.
Can you help me any further to locate where the personal notes are being saved? I'm not sure why it's different on my desktop, but I'd like not to lose the notes that I have made. Thanks! In case it matters, I'm using Windows 10 Home version.